Monday, August 23, 2021

 Well, what can you say for today except for, "Thank God for rockfish." Generally I try to save that sentiment for rockcod fried in McCormick's English Style Fish and Chips batter (If you haven't tried it, don't. Not trying it is like not trying crack.). As rockfish were all that was landed here today, I guess we should all be thankful for them. I heard of no halibut or salmon, but I did hear of a boat that landed a huge fish off of Dillon Beach that was white and took two guys to lift the net back into the boat. That fish could have been a halibut, striper or WSB. The boat that caught it left after landing it. Oh wait, was that a secret? Secrets are probably hard to keep when you're making them in front of a small town. Small towns have no secrets. They pretend, but no. The boat left immediately after landing the fish which seems like WSB but really means nothing. I trolled Dillon Beach this evening for a grand total of one bushel of eelgrass and no fish. There is a lot of bait there but nothing eating them that I could see.

No comments: