Thursday, August 19, 2021

      First, the good news: "Evening Willy,


Wednesday was a tough bite. One fish for 3 poles. Today was a better day. 6 fish to 20 pounds. You saw where we were, south of Bodega, North of The Gate. See ya next time. 

Thanks,

Swampy" Oh, I saw you. I doubt that my stopping there would have helped. Gage and I caught the opposite of this picture. First, we went outside and skunked for salmon. Then we headed for the bay so we could get our halibut skunk on. Hopefully that's out of the way now. The salmon fishing has been funny (not ha ha funny, strange funny)with some guys catching them one day and not the next. We had been pretty damned lucky to avoid the striped smelly kitty so far this year but our time has finally come. We have good company today. There were salmon caught today, not boatloads for sure, but a few guys got some nice fish. I heard that Miller Time caught one. He and Swampy had both had a bit of a hard time earlier but it looks like things are back where they belong. When I told Gage that Swampy and Miller caught today he replied "Good for them those are they guys I rooted for." I was a little disappointed that he hadn't been rooting for us, but otherwise I agree with his sentiment. "If not us, them." There were definitely other salmon caught out there today but they way boats were running back and forth I'm guessing that it was pretty spotty for most. Good on ya' if you got 'em. Don't feel bad if you didn't. 

   Also, just saw this: Looks like they're marlin fishing off of Oregon now.



 

2 comments:

rokefin said...

Load your wagons!!!! We will strike it rich in Oregon!!

Unknown said...

Would love to read some reports on how people did today and from people that go tomorrow. I’ll be out Sunday and will post a report. Thanks!