Sunday, August 1, 2021





     Well, I was going to report that today was a bust for salmon. With very few exceptions, almost everybody came back with nothing. Then I got this text: "They where biting out front today for Paul Boley, Kevin & Kyle Fogal!!" For a minute I got really excited. Then I remembered that the Fogals and Paul Boley can catch fish that aren't biting. I remember Paul Boley telling me how he caught limits of salmon (years ago) during a jellyfish blackout of almost all the ocean by finding a place where the jellies were thin enough to fish, then catching his limits. He doesn't need to find biters; he just catches fish where he can fish. And the Fogals just make it happen. So, it was a bust for salmon today, unless you fished on this boat. 


   Tom Treadway took these gentlemen out for a bit of salmon trolling and they caught his 21 pound halibut instead. Not unsurprisingly, everybody seemed okay with the halibut. Halibut in the bay was not as good but there were a few caught outside in 65 to 90 feet of water. It seems that the fish didn't come into the bay because they had better things to do in the ocean. Who knew? 

No comments: