Tuesday, August 24, 2021

   I caught these two halibut this evening between 7:00 and 7:20. They bit live anchovies on the bar. I also heard of two other boats landing two halibut each in the afternoon near Hog, so maybe I'm not that special. Okay, the fact is, I'm not that special. Honestly, I'm probably prouder of catching the three anchovies than the halibut as the anchovies were harder to get. I should have got a picture. Oh, and you know how sometimes people say, "I caught some anchovies but I didn't use them because they were too small,"? These halibut didn't realize that the bait was too small. Stupid fish. In other news, I heard of a large salmon caught on McClure's today (hoping for confirmation) but other than that and one other halibut caught possibly at the bar, the day belonged to rockfish. Again. Go team rockcod!
 

No comments: