Sunday, August 15, 2021



    Here's a picture of all the salmon caught here today. Peter Kim and his son caught two to 25 pounds at Bird Rock today. Peter has been inviting me to go out with him and show him how it's done but I'm thinking I might go out with him and learn how it's done. Peter has a far better track record than I. My record is longer, no doubt, but he has a heck of a lot less zeroes in his history. This Kim family are all serious trouble if you're a fish. We had one successful halibut boat today with at least three fish. I was told that they could only catch two anchovies but both of the live baits caught halibut and jigs caught as well. You can tell when you you're in the second half of the season when the bait gets harder to catch than the halibut. We had nine launches today and those are the only fish I heard of. Sloooww fishing but the wind is blowing now and forecast to blow pretty hard for a few days. I guess we'll shake up the Etch-A-Sketch and see what things look like later this week.

2 comments:

JRS said...

The etch-a-sketch comment may require further explanation for the millennials.

Deplorable2 said...

Great job Peter