Friday, May 8, 2020

    Here's another short post but not a bad one. Richard James sent me an email saying, "Hi WIlly,

Can you please put the word out on your fishing report?

This is from Jason Olivotti, Marin County Parks Chief Ranger.

He said he has tried to email you in the past, but it never seems to get through.

I told him I’d try.

Black Point  - OPEN

thanks."
That was the good news. The bad news in the subject line was "Miller Park (Nicks) and Marconi Boat ramps are closed".  That was all the information I got, so I don't know any specific rules regarding the Black Point ramp. However, I would imagine that the rules would be much like Sonoma County's  in that you need to be a Marin resident. I think the powers that be may be allowing for some places for people to go in a reasonable manner so that we don't all just say "screw it!" and swarm everything. It is a step in the right direction and if we all behave like gentlemen (or gentlewomen)(gentlepersons?) we can maybe expect another bone to be thrown to us.

4 comments:

Tomales Outlaw said...

Black Point is indeed open. I was there today. The signage simply states that masks should be worn and 6 feet distance be maintained. There was nothing about Marin residents. There was a Marin sheriff parked there, observing. Last time I was at Marconi there were people in trailers camping. Don't know if they were ever run out of there or not.

Outlaw

0311 said...

👍

Harvest Time said...

A proper sheriff would be out looking for real criminals.

SPACE INVADER said...

Marconi is closed and taped off with signs and caution tape.
They are ticketing