Tuesday, July 20, 2021



   Here's a report that got lost in an email shuffle. It is from a fishing trip on Saturday the 17th: "Hello, my name is Rob Ishihara and I caught this 43 inch, 28.5 pound halibut off Hog Island yesterday with Captain Daniel Martinez.  I thought you might want to add it to your fishing report. Thanks." Sorry about the late post, Rob, but nice fish. If I were you I'd probably go fishing with your Captain again. 

   The ocean was unpleasant early and then got really nasty today. The successful fishing happened in the bay. Gage sent me a photo of some successful fishermen that fished the bay: "Campbell group with 4 nice specimens from north of hog. All but one on dead bait" That's real good news, because it turns out I kill bait really well. Without even trying. Since we're pretty much out of tray bait and have received no word of when such bait may be available, I'm probably going to have to stick to live bait (or killing live bait).  If you're coming out and have access to tray bait, bring it. 



 

2 comments:

Onemore said...

Holy cow do I see this correctly?
One hole week with awesome ocean conditions!
Time to take that vacation time saved up.

JRS said...

I hope you mean next week :)