Wednesday, September 9, 2020

    Margo Cooper of Roseville caught this 28 pound striper today. We're all pretty happy she didn't get pulled over the side by the fish. It was the only bite of the day for her and her husband but they both seemed pretty happy even so. The fish bit a live anchovy as the Coopers were unable to catch any jacksmelt for bait. There weren't many halibut caught today except for Swampy's boat, but that is to be expected. The salmon bite at Carmet completely died today. It could come back tomorrow or the fish could have moved and unfortunately, there's only one way to find out. It's possible the salmon were waiting for sunrise today but that never really happened.

    These two photos are from my cousin, Chris Lawson, who took his commercial boat down to Sausalito today to haul it out. The pictures were taken at 11:00 AM. I realize it looked this way over most of California today, but damn. <Insert your reference to the Revelation of Saint John here>



 

9 comments:

rokefin said...

Way to go Margo!

Harvest Time said...

Does the Revelation of Saint John include anything about living in a liberal democrat paradise?

rokefin said...

That would be the revelation of Cheech and Chong

Matt said...

If you don't want to live with people of other viewpoints and backgrounds, move away from the coast and stay there. I'm tired of people complaining about "liberals" on fishing reports. IT'S CALIFORNIA!

Bigkevfish said...

Matt I agree. Let's just fish and leave politics out of it.

Live2fish said...

I’d like to think it’s because of the sf giants win streak, but.. I could be wrong.

Live2fish said...

I’d like to think it’s because of the sf Giants win streak, but.. I could be wrong?

Live2fish said...

I’d like to think it’s because of the sf Giants win streak, but.. I could be wrong?

Thumbs said...

Super sweeeeeeeeet striper Margo! Girl power had to show us Boyz how to get one of the big uns on the scale!