Saturday, July 11, 2020

    So, the place that looked so unfishy to me on Thursday had serious fish, it seems. One boat that Gage spoke with today had three limits of salmon at 50 feet down in 80 feet of cold, clear, baitless water. It turns out that the words "cold", "clear", and "baitless"' sometimes have no relation to to catching fish. Often they do, but often isn't always. That's why they're spelled different. I forget these things. Be better than me. 
Here's a quick report from Timmy Nelson on a trip from last weekend :"Here's a picture from the 4th of July, biggest was 23lbs according to your scale. Also had 4 short halibut and a bunch of rock fish. " I though his salmon was larger. Normally that only happens on fish that I catch. Perhaps I'm growing as a person. Probably not.
I gotta say, the best part of posting a fishing report is people sending in successful reports just after you've reported your crappy day. Spaced Invader sent me this picture of the halibut I didn't catch. He was trolling by Marshall in the wind Thursday evening.


Team Barton hit the water today for a grand total of two salmon. Two others were lost. They were working 80ish feet of water from Tomales Point to the Trees. All bites on Apexes (Glitter Melon and Cop Car).

The Kim family took a bit of a beating on some sloppy water today for only one fish, but if you're only going to catch one, catch a big one. This one weighed 24 pounds. 
Jim McKeand caught a halibut and a striper today. And yesterday. He's been working live bait back by Hog and I think it's working. Most of the halibut fishermen had fish today but mostly not too many. Except for one fellow that I won't name that had ten halibut for three guys (Last hookup was a double when they had eight fish in the box). They returned with only their limits, but I would guess that there may be a few fish about. 






2 comments:

rokefin said...

This coming weekend looking bueno!

Richard said...

Catch and cook?