Thursday, July 30, 2020

  Short post today as I went fishing and can only report what I saw and heard. There were boats fishing for salmon from at least Tomales Point down to the Keyholes. The Keyholes/Elephant fleet seemed pretty constant so I'm gonna guess it was the better bite. I chased a couple of limits I heard about to the Trees/Slide area and we caught a 24 pounder there in 55 feet of water. There's schools of anchovies being mauled throughout this entire area and I don't think you need to brave the fleet if you don't want to. We chased flipping 'chovies from 40 feet of water out to 120 feet. They were moving pretty fast, almost like something was chasing them. I did catch the one fish on an anchovy we caught out of one of those big schools. The best way to "match the hatch" is to use the actual bait they're eating, I'd think. I saw at least one caught mooching. 
     My wife, Nicki, with her 24 pounder. A beer in one hand and a fish in the other. That's how I met her. This fish bit a bait without a flasher.

1 comment:

SPACE INVADER said...

Nice fish Nicki!!!
Way to keep your wife Happy Willy!
You sure know how to wine n dine her...