Wednesday, July 8, 2020

    No pictures today, but the one boat from here that ventured out of the bay caught a 20ish pound salmon in front of Bird (didn't get the depth but it wasn't what I would call deep. Nearshore fish). Perhaps the bait is still there. Some of that bait has spilled into Tomales Bay, judging by the pelican activity. I almost teared up (I'll deny it if you call me on it) watching the pelicans dive on incoming bait schools the last two days. Bait in the bay = fish in the bay and I like catching fish. Better times are coming.
     Well, no pier now, but the shore casters have been getting some red crab (which is all you're allowed now), and one of them caught a halibut in a snare a few days back. I declined to mention it earlier as I don't think that's technically legal, but if you were so lucky as to catch a keeper halibut in a crab snare I feel that you should keep it. I higher power is definitely pulling for you today. But look both ways before you cross the street because you may have used up your available luck.
    One last thing. Today, the high point of my day came when emptying the recycling can in front of the Boathouse. "Wow, your bar is set awful low," you might think. While not wrong, wait for the rest of the story. Some clammer had dumped their crappy pool toy inflatable in the recycling. Since I have always assumed such boats are trash (right out of the box, really) I decided to put it in its proper place. While transitioning between dumpsters I got a glimpse of a flexible fabric Band-Aid attempted patch on the inflatable. A literal Band-Aid. It is pretty rare that I laugh while on Dumpster duty but this made me guffaw. I actually started to internally debate the relative merits of sheer versus flexible fabric in the patching of vinyl boats. Then I laughed at myself and went back to work. How stupid. Sheer would obviously be way better. What an idiot.
    Also, to whomever texted Alec about his roaming sailboat, thank you. Cameron spent his late afternoon flipping it over in the wind and he seemed really happy. It's like you returned a junkie's hypodermic needle. I'd like to say that's an exaggeration but it's sort of not. It is much more wholesome than heroin, even if its addicts are no more productive. Fricking sailors. 
   

3 comments:

Swampy said...

Thanks for the report, like to hear that the pelicans are chasing bait in the bay. Will be adding a box of bandaids to my boats supplies. LOL

Hank said...

Tomorrow’s report for today’s fishing should be good.

Tilly said...

Perhaps person also applied some neosporin for greater water repellency LOL!