Friday, September 1, 2023

 So I've been waiting for someone to bring in a fish so I can do a fish report. I'm still waiting. The wind blew hard, the water cooled off (from 64¹ to 52º? Damn...) and the halibut wired their jaws shut with very stout wire. Nearshore rockfish, responsive to the blue moon (to be fair, those Belgian ales mess me up, too) refused to bite in the last days before the powers that be shut them down. To the best of my very imperfect knowledge, Gage and I were high boat from the Landing on Thursday. I don't want to brag, but our catch of one thornback ray was the best we heard of, and one of those means, well, nothing. The wind is supposed to die and the water should warm again, but until that happens (which probably won't be long) the halibut fishing (or, what I like to call, all we have left) should pick back back up. 

1 comment:

Fish slayer said...

We got 3 hali north of hog Thursday evening, all were 26in exactly and caught on jacksmelt. Bait was hard to find but pelicans were diving frantically everywhere