Monday, September 11, 2023

     Sorry, I got distracted. I've been telling my wife that I need to fish, and she acted like I was just being dramatic. Well, Thursday is my day off, and last Thursday I had jury duty. I'm at the Marin Civic Center doing my civic duty (that's where you do it here) and my wife decided that that was the day she felt up to going fishing. While trying to take the tarp off of the boat, she slipped off of the boat trailer fender and fell to the ground, breaking her leg, foot, and ankle in multiple places. She just spent over two days in the hospital. That's why I haven't been posting. But, it does prove that things are better when I get to go fishing. When I can't go, who knows what'll happen? Bad things, it seems. This will be my argument going forward.

   Gage sent me this picture at about noon today: "John Flynn st Helena. 26 lb halibut on a smelt near the bar 30 ft" The Saint Helena boys put the hurt on the halibut today.  John caught the largest one, but every boat came in with fish today. Good work, John and crew. 
   And then there's these guys. Normally when we have a picture of Vance Staplin he's holding a fish weighing over thirty pounds. Today he took a break and he and Tom Brodsky peaked with a 21 and 24 pounder. They had a couple others to fill out their 2023 halibut limits. It sounds like they caught off of  Dillon Beach proper. Live smelt were their weapons. Way to relax, Vance and Tom.

  

3 comments:

Rich said...

Hey Willy, sorry to hear the bad news about your wife:( my advice would be to ground the boys from fishing since they have to take care of their mother. In the meanwhile, you have a good excuse now to get a better trailer. Of course you will need to test it out and go drop the boat in.
Rich

Tomales Outlaw said...

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery. Proof one does not have to be fishing to have a fishing accident!! All the best.

Crew of the Tomales Outlaw

Tilly said...

So sorry to read about your wife's Nicole injury, blew up my ankle shattering it in multiple pieces and dislocating it in freak accident about 20 years ago, really sucks to lose your mobility in blink of any eye, but there is inspiration in the recovery process, starting physical therapy program ASAP was key for me