Wednesday, August 30, 2023

    Well, I guess I missed out on a heck of a bite while I was in SoCal. Not to worry, that bite mostly died when I returned. The few stripers that my boys and I caught swan far away soon after we caught a few on Saturday. The wind has churned up a -10ºF temp drop in the water, and to cold-blooded creatures, that drop is like a fever to us warm-blooded critters. They don't feel good. And not feeling good seems to make them not bite. There have been very, very fish caught at this end of the bay since the wind started. The fishing, in a word, sucks. Well, the catching does. 

   The bluefin  and other tuna have had a few moments in the last week, but mostly they have disappointed as well. The next six weeks should be the sweet s for actual catching. Only time will tell.


No comments: