Thursday, June 10, 2021


    Chris Brown decided to take a day off of killing it and joined Gage and I for a Tomales Bay trip today. We ended up with two halibut (up to 15 pounds) that bit live sardines and a striper that ate a jig. Probably the hardest thing to catch was the live sardines. We ended with with about ten over three hours of trying to catch them. All of them either got off the hooks or were bitten and killed. Our perfect-sized jacksmelt didn't get hit (I'm not counting the huge leopard shark that thought he was a seabass. Okay, we though he might be a seabass). I'm not saying the jacks won't work, just that in my recent experience the sardines were the hit. We just happened to see flippers North of Hog and stopped to chase the dream. Ultimately we had a good day but I still feel dissatisfied with our bait catching. The pink sabikis were the ticket but the size 14s shed active fish like my head sheds hair (that's a lot). I heard no other victory stories but I wasn't lurking at the ramp (only for you, Swampy) all afternoon. There were quite a few boats out for a breezy Thursday but by the way they were shifting around it didn't seem like anybody was killing it. It ain't Prime Time yet.

 

No comments: