Wednesday, September 25, 2024

 

    Swampy stopped in yesterday. His report: "Hey Willy, one day trip today with three in the boat to 12 pounds. I worked on my net game today for Al. Easy perch bait but didn’t start catching till 2:30. I did release a 21 3/4 inch one at least.
See you soon, Swampy" When Swampy says "See you soon," it's kind of a threat if you're a halibut. Thankfully, my eyes are one to a side, so no threat. A bit of Swampy's mojo is surrounding himself with other halibut killers. Taking good fishermen fishing almost always makes you look good. Al is a killer, as evidenced by Swampy's net work. He's a nice guy if you're not a fish. Nice work, gents. 
     
    Tom Brodsky and his buddy caught their rockfish today, then tried a few spots for halibut before stopping on the bar. They quickly hooked five, landing four, with the four they landed coming in quick doubles. All on Bigfoot jigs. I thought it might be a good idea to try fishing the bar this evening after work. Go figure, it worked. I caught a 15+ pounder on a live jacksmelt, and as I was just finishing roping it in to the boat (it helps to keep them from jumping back in) my jig rod in the holder went off. A sequential double for me. The water has warmed up, the wind is on its way to cool it off, but before that gets here we have a couple of days of really good halibut fishing, it seems. To the bar!*


* while supplies last

   Tom Brodsky saw my report and sent this photo to prove his fishing superiority. well done, gents. Now, go to bed. And sleep.





No comments: