Sunday, September 8, 2024

 




   I shamed or flattered (hopefully flattered) James Ludovina into a report. It worked! Thanks, James. "Great time and 1001 thanks. Hopefully can get my stuff done for more. Guess I’m a no tide river rat at heart!! Why can’t I smash fish tacos and a couple brews while beaching my boat! Tides??!! 😂 Yesterdays 31” fish was Jonesing for giant 30 pounder and a Thresher or WSB keeper. Next time! My brother is Paul from Woodland. He’s working the Knights Landing out of his game. 16# largest on smelt.
Cheers" Nice work on the fish, James. Grounding the boat, well, you learned. That's all the world asks. Screw up once, you learn. Screw up in the same way a second time? We will talk. But for now, good work! You'll get those fish you're looking for. Just maybe not today.
 
  My cousin Ira texted me this report from Thursday: " Sorry for the late report.  We covered some ground Thursday.  We got 17 at 20&55 but it was a grind.  Slower trolling and cedar plugs helped get us more fish,  thanks to our buddy Donny.  I'm bad about taking pictures because when the lines go off,  grab a rod....  and yes it was a not so comfy trip in.  Flat seas and wide open Tuna I hope are coming 🤞" Yeah, I'm jealous. In the catching, no so much the cleaning. I heard that Saturday was pretty slow on the tuna grounds, but today the bluefin started biting, so game on. The offshore water is cooling and the albacore bite has dropped, but bluefin are here and the game is changing (yet again; change is the only constant) so new game, game on! By the way, Nice Job Ira and crew.
     Cold water has flooded in from outside today and the halibut bar bite has died. Yesterday was good, but today, nada.  Inside the bay is still good, and Hog is really good, in spots. Nice Donelly of Lake County (but not from Lake County) caught this 20 pound halibut today. It was within sight of Hog, but an exact location lives only with Nick. Nick has been working hard this year on this halibut thing, and it's working. This is one of the reasons I love fishing. Some things are hidden from you in the human world, but the wild world is hidden but honest. Put in the time, pay attention, and it will pay off. Good for you, Nick. And show those kids. You got the bug. Pass it on. Us fish addicts need more addicts. We are the happiest and longest-lived addicts you'll ever find. As long as we allowed to fish...



No comments: