Monday, July 8, 2024

   On the surf striper front, I can report that there was one caught today. One. By a damn good surf fisherman. So, yes, it is possible to catch a striper in the surf here. But it ain't hot, yet. It is warming up, though. 

   In the same way, there were some halibut caught today at Hog, but not many. Bait catching? Hard. Fish catching? Also hard. But doable. There were a few fish caught but no awesomeness to report that found its way to me. There were a few stripers caught on the bar by one boat but it was not duplicatable by the fishermen I spoke with that watched the catching happen but were unable to duplicate. I know that feeling. Gage didn't go fishing with me tonight so Cameron got to jump aboard. We landed three stripers, lost a good one (straightened hook) and missed six bites. Three of those missed bites were on my topwater. You know how you're supposed to wait for a second before you set the hook on a topwater bite? My reflexes don't know that. I YANKED THE LURE OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS THREE TIMES! Is the message going through my head all night. Good luck, sleep. Luckily, tomorrow I'll be twice as jumpy.....

No comments: