Tuesday, July 18, 2023

 

   Gage sent me this today: "Skip Bolton 

Yerington , Nevada 

On Bigfoot bait

35 inch" Skip caught one keeper back by Laird's Landing yesterday but had to catch his limit fish from Sand Point last evening. It looks like it was kinda fun. I went out fishing this evening in my boat and, even though Chris Brown caught a 14 pound halibut on a pearl Bigfoot Jig with me, it still looks like Skip had more fun last night. My fingers went numb and turned white, but Skip was wearing shorts and looking happy. Nice job, Skip. Both on your fish and your choice of fishing times. Here's a picture of ?Chris' fish:



      Here's a bit more detail about the striper landed on Sunday: "One fish day...better than a no fish day.

This one was on the point while water was pretty low and a good incoming flow had started. Caught on an absurdly big Doc plug, an impulse buy that I put on just to try. I will use it again. I may have caught more but was distracted by that odd hot-yellow disk in the sky. What was that?

Chris" The disk in question was the sun, a thing with which we have only middling familiarity with here. It was good while it lasted, though. Nice fish, Chris DiTrani, and well done on the topwater. For the record, topwater bites are the best. THE BEST. My jealousy burns with a fire not unlike that odd hot-yellow disk in the sky. 
  The fact that Tom Brodsky has been doing very well at the striper fishing was not the only reason Eddie Kim said yes to a fishing trip with Tom today. Whatever those other reasons were disappeared upon the first hookup. The three fish came pretty quick, and then a lot of time passed, but the time passing didn't seem to dull the smiles on these guys. Must be the fish that are keeping them smiling.



No comments: