Monday, July 24, 2023

 


    I talked to Nate and Robert Baker today and got a photo of Robert with his fish, but Nate's report and photos are, unsurprisingly, better. "Hey Willy, 

Robert and I got lucky making a couple drifts across the bar this afternoon and he scored his first butt of the year on a yellow Redrum in 12'. Also scored some bottom fish off of elephant Saturday and Sunday fishing with Nick Nichols using some 300 gram knife jigs and nomad squidtrex in glow and cali red. Hoping this wind and swell knocks down so we can return to deep to grab some of those chili peppers and possibly troll some Madmacs. 
Best, 

Nate Baker" I, too, hope the weather drops. So many good things will happen soon thereafter. It appears that Robert doesn't need good weather for good things to happen. Good for you, Robert. I wish that I had that skill. So do the few other guys that went out today. We only had a few boats go out and I didn't speak to everyone, but this may be the only fish landed here today. 
    I think I'm going to tie on a Pearl Sour Redrum next time.

1 comment:

Harvest Time said...

I’m also jonesing for good weather, but good things are happening in the meantime like dads and grandads taking their little ones fishing. We leave them behind we are running 30-40 miles off shore!