Monday, July 11, 2022


   Catching up. Here's picture from last Wednesday. As I recall, these fellows limited out in not much more than and hour. That feat became hard to duplicate post-Thursday. The wind has spread the fish out a bit, so you need to work for them again. If you were already working for them, now you need to work harder. These fish came from about 240 feet of water west of Tomales Point. Many fish did, way back then. They've moved out mostly deeper (~280 feet of water) and down deeper (~120 feet on the wire). 



     You're not wrong, that is an Eddie Kim sighting! He received a birthday gift of a limit of salmon over 20 pounds. Peter Kim helped.

   Robert Rath took out a crew for limits on Friday morning. No giants but lots of nice fish. The weather was not nice but very fishable (at least downhill). They had a good day yesterday and five salmon today (also a good day, it just involved less fish cleaning). 
    My apologies for the scant and late reports. I have been busy but away from the launch. Then fishing after work. Then dinner. Then sleeping with a laptop in my lap (how appropriate) after I fall asleep while writing. I stink at this, apparently, but I am trying.





4 comments:

Tomales Outlaw said...

We for one really appreciate your blog and info. I see no need for apologies. I think that is Handsome Dick Manitoba in the black tank top.

Outlaw

justholdon2016 said...

Thank you, I am sure I speak for many when I say that I look forward to your(and Gage's)reports ,comedy and insights into fishing here. Keep em coming!

Bottom Scratcher said...

Hi Willy - I was at Nick's Cove last week and a group has commandeered the far end of the lower parking lot. There is a portable office, large commercial boats, and several vehicles with "USecology" logos. It looks like a fairly large operation for doing research or salvage. Do you know what they are doing?

Thanks, Dave

Willy said...

My guess is it is part of the clean up of the American Challenger wreck near the county line. They're going to start taking it apart soon. Probably. Maybe.