Thursday, July 21, 2022

     My day was spent on the water so I didn't get many fish stories. I can say that Gage caught this 22 pounder today at 38º 15' by 123º 05' (yes, 15 by 5). In fact, our boat limited for three people by 11:00. We had two fish in the box by 10:00, then the bite started for us. Outside of us the bite started earlier, but Eddie Kim and our boat only started getting multiple hook-ups after 10:00. But after 10:00 you wouldn't want to fall in the water as the salmon were biting everything. Even.... 
   .... tube jigs that I was throwing. After losing my fish in a double, I grabbed my jig rod and cast it out as we started trolling again. I lost my first hookup on the jig but landed this one. Gage is right. The salmon will bite tube jigs and when they do.....it's awesome. This one was on a box stock RedRum tube and so was my other hit and miss, but Chris Brown got a big one to the boat (and then it broke his leader) on one of his jigs. 
    The Kims have been hurting the fish. Eddie, Harry and Lincoln Kim limited out just after us (we had a one fish lead when the bite started). They smacked them yesterday, too. Today, most salmon boats limited. They're here.

    This is not one of the salmon boats, but it is an overloaded vessel. These guys were going clamming last week and I grabbed a photo because, damn. As far as I know, they lived. Serendipity. 



 

No comments: