Thursday, April 21, 2022

   For those playing along at home, Gage has declared halibut season on Tomales Bay officially open. Everyone else can make their own decisions, but know that these two came from north of Marker 5 at the turn of the low tide, so there's likely a few fish around, or at least a few moving in. Please notice that the 15 pounder was gaffed appropriately (Cough! your welcome, Gage. Cough!). Gage had four bites, two of which stuck. I had zero bites a few feet away. I'll get even, someday. Maybe. The season is in its infancy, so anything could happen and probably will. We went for stripers in the evening for a grand total of, let me count..... zero. I had more faith in the stripers at high tide. While I did just as well for each, Gage definitely had a better time fishing for halibut at low tide. My suggestion is to try that. 

 

3 comments:

oldtimer said...

Very nice catch and with a proud smile

Unknown said...

Is there much bait in the bay

Willy said...

Very little. Jacksmelt is all I've heard of