Tuesday, September 14, 2021

    Top boat today that I spoke with was Ron Johnson who had two halibut and a salmon. The halibut were both 17 pounds and were caught on the bar in his first two drifts. The drifts that came after resulted in his chasing salmon. The salmon was caught in 60 feet of water in the outer bay and was close to same size as the halibut. No pictures, but that's because neither halibut was as large as Mike Miller's 22.5 pound fish from yesterday. Mike didn't have another fish yesterday but he really didn't need one, either. I stood in for Mike for the photo:

   My cousin Nathan is visiting from the east coast, trying to sample a bit of the good fishing we've had this year, and so far I've shown him none of it. Today he did get a fish to boat while fishing with Cameron but their only bite, wasn't. It was with shaking hands that they removed the jig and allowed the sturgeon to swim away. I am reliably informed that a sturgeon snagged in the butt runs much like a white sea bass. 



3 comments:

Wiley said...

Had no idea you could catch sturgeon there… you really do have the best spot for everything… fish on !

Willy said...

Don't come here for sturgeon if you want to catch one. That sturgeon is one of two I heard of this year, which is two more than normal. I've never caught one.

Wiley said...

I like to read your reports Willy. So the fact that you claim to have never caught one, just doesn’t hold a lot of water. We know of your fishing prowess… sorry, couldn’t resist. Fish on !