Friday, September 17, 2021

   First off, I had a few questions about what a squid ball at the surface (nettable) looked like. This. Sometimes with seagulls. I'd charge in but I've still got squid. These guys have to eat, too.

   Sherry Duby came all the way from South Carolina to catch these fish. It's Nathan Duby's fault. He grew up with Merle Lawson yelling at him, educating him on how to land a fish properly. So now Nathan comes out once a year (with his bride) to get yelled at in a similar manner. I try to do Merle's memory fairly, but sometimes I get excited and curse a bit more than Merle did. I consider that hyperreality. That little salmon circled the boat at least once and tried for twice before it hit the net. It turns out that, as they said in the Ice Pirates, 'Little guys try harder." Our fish, aside from a pity halibut on the bar in the afternoon, were caught at the Towers in 40 feet of water. Lots of anchovies (and jellies) in 70+ feet but the shallower water was fishable and had a few fish.

 

No comments: