Thursday, September 23, 2021

    Ron Rush sent over this report from Tuesday: "Bruce Newman got his first halibut fishing with Ron Rush of woodland 25lbs 37in across from the boathouse fishing with dead herring on the 21st on out going tide" A 25 pound halibut for your first one kind of spoils you. Please don't be disappointed with a 10 pounder in the future, Bruce. Keepers are good. 


 


Sorry about the language in the video. Gage gets excited. Gage and I ran down to the Pioneer Canyon today. That's about a 60 mile run. We found the bluefin but couldn't find a biter. For the record, Gage did cast a Coltsniper but did not get bit. We had bluefin jumping around the boat three times at 37º 17' by 123º 00 ' for no takers. It was a three hour run down and almost six hours home when the wind came up. We are whupped and a little hypothermic. Good luck everybody else.

10 comments:

Thumbs said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet, sorry ya didn't catch

Unknown said...

Love Gage's passion and enthusiasm.

Swampy said...

“F, F, F, F…….”

“Time to throw some iron”

That’s a heck of a run, wish you could have got some blood on the decks.

Swampy

Onemore said...

Sweet. What do you think 100# fish?
I’m going to give it a try off Cordell tomorrow.

Willy said...

There were a few. Mostly 30 to 60#. 58 degree water so Cordell is warm enough. Good luck

Tomales Outlaw said...

Side Note The DFW Commission will be discussing the clam pump ban at their meeting on Oct 14th. Send letters and emails demanding this ban be extended and written into law.
Item # 7:
7. Recreational clam, sand crab, and shrimp gear emergency
Discuss and consider adopting a 90-day extension of emergency regulations to prohibit
use of hydraulic pump gear for recreational take of clams, including clarifying
amendments to apply the gear restriction to sand crab and shrimp

Outlaw

rokefin said...

Absolutely love it! Gage is a pure bred fisherman!!!!
You need a pilot house, I am not a big fan of CC’s
Sit by the fire on the couch while you head in with a pilot house:)

Willy Vogler said...

I'm not as fond of cabins after helping a Sheriff's deputy carry back the corpse of a guy that drowned in his cabin after his boat flipped on the bar. The guy on deck swam away and the guy in the cabin died. The deceased gentleman had as much hair as I do now, so I was able to see the large beginning of a bruise on top of his head. I'm pretty sure he got knocked out inside the cabin as the boat bucked over the wave. It made me, let's call it "cabin-averse." In a center console you wear your cabin. I neglected to bring my good cabin with me. I did remember a whole lot of fishing gear that I didn't end up needing.

rokefin said...

I actually prefer skip top with some plastic….. I like the fresh air and do not care for cabin stuffyness.
Bay Area skip top down south possibly CC up north cabin.
Don’t roll your car and don’t roll your boat.

Onemore said...

Well I didn’t make it out today, work and the 4 hour drive down took the wind out of my sail.
I hope to hear some of you guys got out and are getting into them Bluefin.