Sunday, September 19, 2021

     Vance Staplin took a few folks out for some rockfish yesterday. The South wind made drifting for rockcod diffcult but they did catch at least one fish. Curtis Crea of Oakdale hooked and landed this 55 pound white seabass on a 6 oz. Pitbull Bora jig in white. This was Curtis' first time ocean fishing. You may have peaked early, Curtis.  

    There were very few fish landed here yesterday and I didn't hear of any salmon. Today Mike Vaughn caught this solid 20 pound salmon just North of Estero de San Antonio (some of you may call it Stemple Creek) in the outer bay. Lots of bait and weeds out there but apparently there's still a shot at a salmon, too. Mike has been trying to catch a local salmon off-and-on all summer and he finally wore them down.
   I'm late to post this report from last week, but here it is: "Hey Willy,

Nice to spend a couple days at your place, need to carve out more time. Hali Report: Weds saw two keepers and one short for our boat. I caught the Skunkasaurous. Redeemed myself on Thurs with a 19, 15 and 9. Swampy Jr caught a clicker to bring out total to 4. Great time, will see you soon.

Swampy" So the moral of this report is that it ain't over yet. There's fish to be caught if you work hard for them and are a little lucky. Maybe a lot lucky, sometimes.




 

7 comments:

Duckin44 said...

Good job putting your crew on a WSB Vance. Those jigs work. I'm Very Jealous. Nice hat by the way. Great cause to support.

rokefin said...

Cool catch!! A real slug!

Another Palmer story fishing said...

nice fish😎 thats on my bucket list,what's the general area you where fishing my I ask?

Willy said...

Mcclure's

Onemore said...

Wow awesome.
I fished offshore last Thursday found 59 deg water no tuna.
Tried for Pacifics on the way in and came home with 4 Petrale sole and a bunch of Sanddabs

Onemore said...

I had to take another look at that monster.
That is one lucky SOB. I hope you got some numbers from that guy. Like 6 of them!

Another Palmer story fishing said...

Wife and I caught four salmon yesterday. They where 15,16,20lb and a 23" we let back in the ocean to be caught another time. On the water at 11:30 off at 4:00 up north.