Sunday, August 9, 2020

 

   First off, a report from Swampy from a few days ago:"Afternoon Willy,

Slow three days of halibut chasing for us. Ended up with one each day with a 15# and 10# being caught north of hog on shiners.  Big Al (see attached) caught this monster much further Back in the bay. Nice new set of wheels you are sporting, good choice of truck.

See you in a couple weeks, Swampy" Poor Swampy made the mistake of following me further back in the bay for this "hog". You shoulda stuck with your plan, Swampy. It's bad enough that I listen to my own advice. You should know better. 
   Tim tells me this is Team Jake, not Team Tim. Tim reeled in this 30 pounder, even if Jake figured out what the fish were biting on (I can't tell all the details but there was a hootchy, bait, and dodger involved). Team Jake ended up with three salmon yesterday, putting them at the top for salmon at Lawson's Landing on Saturday (which is really all Jake wanted). The salmon bite hasn't recovered from last week's wind, yet, but if the forecast is correct then good times are coming.
    Gage sent me this:"Anthony Piccardo 16 lb striper 2 days ago on live anchovy at seal haul island area" Right after I told Anthony not to tell me his secret spot. Well, as long as Anthony didn't tell me. There have been a few stripers taken in this area this past weekend. Not all of them were this large. There's a bit of a bottleneck in the bay near Number 5 marker and the stripers seem to have figured that out. As the anchovies move in and out of the bay they have to pass through this area. 
    Your obligatory SBS photo of the day. I'll title it, "Room for One More." Cause there clearly is. I'm learning, if there's still a tiny bit of freeboard then there's still room. All aboard!




12 comments:

Capn Al said...

Room for one more? Stupid is what stupid does

BIG"D" said...

Loomasser

BIG"D" said...

TOKENS.

BIG"D" said...

Big team

BIG"D" said...

I can keep going but I know only the few understand or maybe they dont.

BIG"D" said...

Pirates skalliwaggs and traders. None of which I claim.

BIG"D" said...

Pardon the innocent.

BIG"D" said...

Good evening!

BIG"D" said...

Oh wait a second. I forgot to add the wenches to my rant. Congrats to marrying the rich. Good evening.

Onemore said...

Tiuna report
No tuna.
Fished 58 to 60 deg water trolled for 15 miles from the bank south. Two other boats out there. Lots of life but no fish for us.

Wrybread said...

As the old expression goes, there's always room for one more in the hot tub and the clammer boat.

And damn, that's a nice salmon.

Willy said...

Good effort Onemore. Somebody has to look. Can't find if you don't look.