Wednesday, May 8, 2024

    Pictures today! But we will start with the sad one first. My phone battery died last night, so when I fired up my phone this morning it started vibrating like mad with all with texts from Doug and Gage. Here's the first photo that was sent:

    This would be the bottom of a 24' Marlin with a cabin and and an I/O. It was anchored out last night and rolled over and sank at about 5:30 this morning. Doug was notified, and he called Gage, and together with the owner of the boat they were able to right it and get it ashore. By the time my phone started shaking the boat was already on the sand (the right way) and getting pumped out. Good work, gents. I guess that means that I can start thinking about going fishing more (Editor's note: I've already been thinking that a lot). It was Gage's day, off, so was a little late on getting out fishing. Didn't matter, though.


   Gage caught a sequential triple and tossed the last fish back. Sequential in that as he landed the first fish the second rod went off, and as he landed that one, the third rod popped. 12 feet of water again, Inverness, I think. Frozen bait took the first two. I think that I get to go with Gage tomorrow, so maybe I can get a little more info. Or, maybe I can shut him down. We shall see.
   I should also add, the big tides now and big winds we have had had made for big currents and a lot of seaweed, so the surf fishing has been hard, and the catching has been even harder. But today pelicans and terns were pounding the tip of Sand Point, and while the Gage was unable to connect in his short time there (how hard do you fish when you already have a limit in the box?) if the stripers find out that there's bait getting carried over that bar, well, good things will come. Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, as sayeth the bard.


No comments: