Tuesday, November 7, 2023

   I received this photo yesterday. No information with it. From what I can deduce from the photo, Curly DiBella caught a bluefin. Way to go, Curly! Later, I heard that he was fishing with Peter Kim out of Bodega. Two fish for Peter's boat in two trips? First, go Peter! Second, go Curly! Third, you can tell me if you launch from a different place, guys. I won't be upset. Actually, less work for me, so... The takeaway from this is twofold: One, Peter is on a roll. Go team Kim! Two, take Curly fishing. He makes the fish bite. Just ask him.

   I received this report this morning, about November 4. "We fished in the area of 29x36.  Lots of jumpers and birds. After two hours of being taunted by breezers we hooked the long line(90secs). While clearing the other two rods I get hit, number two on. Then it becomes unbelievable the third rod is hooked up. Thank the tuna gods for one coming unbuttoned. After 45 minutes and one bent gaff we have two on the deck. One 120# and the second 185# by doing the math. Ron White on tater salad." Nice job on the triple/double! Two out of three is not bad at all when you're dealing with fish as large as at least some of the crew. Nice job, gents, although I'm not jealous of you triple. It's a rare day when you lose a fish early and think, "Yes!". A good day.
    
    On the crabbing front, numbers dropped a bit on days two and three but people are still catching.  I saw a couple of keepers landed from shore in front of the store and heard of at least one fisherman landing eight on the oceanfront beach on the opener, so there is hope for snares. 



 

1 comment:

Harvest Time said...

That Curly fellow can be kind of intimidating, until you meet him and find out what a gentleman he is.