Saturday, November 11, 2023

    Here's another submitted post that I've been waiting for. Lorca Rossman sent over this picture and this report: "Bluefin pics might be getting a little old, but these were my first.  Tacked out the canyon solo yesterday and around the SW corner (09/33) found tons of life.  Dolphins, whales, birds, sea lions..and bluefin!  My sixth attempt and first success.  Trolled a madmac WAY back and between 10 and 11 put a pair of 140-150lb tuna in the boat.  Hadn't brought enough ice so stopped at Lawson's for another 80lbs before heading home.  

Amazing having these fish in our backyard!!" First and second success in one trip! Solo! Plus, as I understand it from another website, Lorca stopped for a limit of crab. Excuse me, a limit of crab! Solo! I'm about maxed out with two fish for three guys, but Lorca seems to be good with two fish for one guy. And as limit of crab! Lorca is one motivated dude, it seems. Damn good job, Lorca, and good on you for waiting them out. And the best thing to have on the boat in order to catch a tuna is another tuna. If you hook one, there's probably another biter nearby. Maybe. Not a lot of bluefin caught yesterday, at least by guys that will tell anybody, but Lorca caught two by himself. So, it seems that when your time is right , you catch. After a few barren days you start to lose faith. Don't. Trust the gear, trust the technique. It works. Ask Lorca. The secret for bluefin? Have faith and keep trolling. It seems to help to be a badass, but I personally use the grind and troll technique. Lorca has the badass thing. Use what you have.

   I also got this report from Harvest Time: "We dropped our first of 12 promars 645 yesterday and started pulling 730ish, limits for 3 by 8th ring, then high-grading and stowing gear and back in Rocklin by 1. Love it when a plan actually works for once." I think that means that there's a few crab in the outer bay.

 

4 comments:

rokefin said...

12 Promars!! Harvest Time you are all about working the clock. I thought it would be an early day for you - I like the way you roll.

rokefin said...

2 BFT solo - incredible!! Way to show us how it’s done Lorca

Harvest Time said...

Thanks but I like how Mr. Rossman rolls more!

MrJason said...

Savage!