Sunday, September 25, 2022

     Yet again, I forgot to check my email before posting last night. I neglected to include this report: "16-lb.and 1-13lb. Halibut at hog drifting smelt. Fished bird,trees,keyholes,ten mile,estuary. No salmon beautiful day on the water."  Thanks, Mike Mack and Spinner. Today they had one 18 pounder (I checked my email) on the bar. Salmon are good, but when life gives you halibut, you take them. As salmon seem to be playing it pretty coy, halibut and rockfish is the deal, unless you want run offshore. I heard that the tuna run today ran more towards dorado than albacore with quite a few skunks in the mix as well. It's still a pretty good deal for a chance at a few dorado here rather than drive to San Diego or LA for a shot at them. Let's hope the fish and water stick around a while, even though the length of day says it won't.

   The big halibut today didn't break the 30 pound mark but Stuart Johnson caught this nice 27 pounder which is better if you're actually eating it instead of bragging about it. Nice fish, Stuart.