Monday, May 31, 2021


    Here's the picture missing from Mike Mack's report yesterday. Those stripers look pretty good to me. There were more caught today near Hog, along with a few halibut. Things are looking up.

   For those of you that, like me, had some doubts as to the identities of the baitfish in the bay, here's a couple of photos for you. Yup, I agree, herring aren't supposed to be here. The fish didn't get the message. Maybe all the cold water has the fish thinking they're somewhere further North? I don't know, but they're here now and the halibut and stripers are eating them. Actually, some of us here at the Landing ate some for dinner and I now understand the attraction the fish have for them. Tasty little devils.

     I don't get too many clamming pictures submitted, but here's an exception to the rule. Aylah got her first clam yesterday and it was about the biggest Washington I've seen. Knowing her clamming friends, this photo was possibly staged in a different location. Knowing Aylah, this is definitely her clam. The clamming on the islands for gapers has been very good as the clams are plentiful to the point of difficulty in digging up just one. While we all want to get a limit of trophy clams, sometimes digging one hole for three medium clams is okay too.


  

 

1 comment:

Tomales Outlaw said...

I've got enough clams for the year. See you Thursday and hopefully get into some of the recent fin action.

Outlaw