Saturday, May 15, 2021





        Here's another Thursday report: "Hey Willy, so Beau and I tried our luck from bird rock to 10 mile and I got to say I have never moved so many times in one day but we did  manage 20 Dungeness and 11 rock cod .  And some weird sponge like thing Which I’m sure is a delicacy raw or deep-fried depending on your Longitude and latitude. Richard"  No, I've caught those before and I'm pretty sure that may be one of the few things that nobody eats. It's like living phlegm. Good work on the Dungeness.  The crabbing inside the bay has been pretty slow. Some of the crab have recently molted and are now pretty, soft and empty. They'll get back up to a decent weight for us sporties in a month or two. In the meantime, they all haven't molted.

2 comments:

rokefin said...

“Living phlegm” lmao😂😂😂😂 seems like we catch one every few years or so.

Get ready - there is a bite come’n on!

Fish Lips said...

There appears to be some female crabs in the bunch, like the one he's holding.
Had a similar experience Sunday with a lot of females showing up. Would have easily reached 20 if we kept them but I prefer to toss them back. Ended up with 10 males in 3 pots. Fishing sucked.