Saturday, April 25, 2020

     Salmon season opens next Friday, so to prepare for it the wind has been practicing all week. I gotta say, she's doing a great job. About a week ago things were starting to look very interesting with some warmish water, schools of bait, whales feeding and birds diving. All those things still exist, just not here anymore. I guess it's better for them to set up in places where the boat ramps may actually open. Santa Barbara is far, but what else are you doing? I realize that there's still a few ramps open in San Francisco/San Pablo bays. Gentlemen, please do not overwhelm them and force their closure. Especially before the bite gets really good. The only thing worse than wrecking it for everyone is doing it for a bunch of skunks. The fish are coming. So are the opportunities to get them.

5 comments:

SPACE INVADER said...

Thanks,
Willy for the update.

Wiley said...

I’m guessing ramps and you may get the opportunity to open for next weeks “Opener” fingers crossed...

Capn Al said...

Thanks for the update. Perfect timing, I just finished getting the boat ready to fish today. I just ate my last rockfish fish fry last Friday and I have only one small piece of smoked salmon left.
Good luck to all you mateys.

Willy said...

Pictures, dammit

Ruthy S said...

Thank you for this fishing blog. I really appreciate it.