Saturday, March 9, 2024

    The low tides have a few folks out digging clams and that's going pretty well. The clams can't really go anywhere The crab have other options, and right now they're mostly in the middle of "the clutch", when they're more interested in things other than your bait. At least one boat today broke the law of crab sex and caught a limit of Dungeness in the bay in a few hours around the top of the tide. It can be done, but probably not by you or me. But maybe...Nah, who am I trying to kid. Maybe you.  Crab really isn't my game.

   So, the salmon season alternatives for here, as of this evening, vary from  crappy to no season at all. Best case to worst, depending on what you want:

May 25-28, July 4-7, August 29-31, September 1 to October 15

or...

July 4 to 10

or...

pound sand.

  So, your options are either to try to go fishing on holiday weekends with literally everybody else (ignoring weather; just GO!) or not fish. My brother had an indelicate expression (actually, he had many of them; here's one)' "It's like a sh*t sandwich, and everyone's invited." I didn't really get it at the time, just wrote it off to the Kessler flu he was suffering, as it were, but I think I'm starting to understand it in a different way now. Some future video:





1 comment:

Eddie said...

Please Lord! September !st through October 15th...