Sunday, March 10, 2024

   No new crab or surfperch stories, but the salmon season options have changed. They will likely change again, at least slightly, before the adoption of one of the options. Contentious is the proper descriptive word. The options:

June 6-9, July 3-7, August 1-4, 29-31, September 1 to October 15

or

July 4-7, August 1-4, 29-31

or

pound sand.

My opinion? I think that sand should be pounded. That opinion is unpopular, and the CDFW and PFMC are aware of that. so there's pressure to allow some fishing, hence the two out of three options having fishing. IMHO, we're getting a season. But not much of one. Chances are best for something resembling option 2, the 11 day season option, or something resembling it. NOTE: If an open season is chosen, there is a likelihood of a quota being in place, A probability, actually. So don't count on the later dates. My guess is that there will be a lot of pressure. I will be fishing , given the option. If I'm going to get blamed for not enough salmon returning this fall, I'm going to earn it. Head held high and acknowledging it. Yup. Freezer full of extermination. Or, at least, attempted extermination. Just doing my part.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Oooh, long July 4th weekend salmon season. How the hell you gonna have time to fish Willy?

Willy said...

I'm hoping for the August 1st window. Better weather and closer fish. Usually.

Rich said...

I can see the line at the ramp already:(