Thursday, April 27, 2023

 

   Ed Parsons was understandably upset when Gage started blowing up his phone with texts and pictures of his halibut yesterday, so today Ed stopped on the bar on his way out to check his crab pots in the outer bay. According to Ed, jigging works. This one liked a Bigfoot Baits tube jig a little too much. I got this photo but no crab report. I'm guessing he did okay with a half-dozen pots in the outer bay for almost a week. Shore snarers were catching a few reds this morning but I didn't see any Dungeness come ashore in the twenty minutes I was watching the beach. 


    Another sign of fish (as opposed to the actual fish, I guess) is our first pelican of the season. He seemed kinda hungry, but the theory is that when the pelicans show the baitfish aren't far behind. I'm hopeful that this bird has some good info, but there can be doofuses in the animal kingdom as well. I tried a bit of shore casting this evening for a grand total of a few weeds, but I thought I saw a couple of striper boils a bit beyond my casting range with a low profile reel (so, not far) at the sand point. Not a bad evening to be on the beach if you like warmth and sun and don't like wind. It won't last as first the fog and then the usual screaming wind (Sunday) is due to return. But, hey, fish! 


1 comment:

rokefin said...

Looks like a special Lawson's evening indeed!!

Really nice to see flatties after a long gorgeous snowy wet winter - I love it all!