Thursday, November 17, 2022

    The good news: The outer bay isn't dead, it's just hard. I went back to the place that Gage and I caught six in a hoop and didn't do as well as before but ended up with eight Dungeness out of two pulls of four hoops in less than two hours. I caught nine rockfish while waiting between pulls (Not my spot so I can't share the specifics, but it ain't far from the Tomales Bay buoy.) so the fish are biting if you want to occupy your time with a bent rod.

     This morning I got to go for a ride with Tom Brodsky in his Parker. For the record, cabins are pretty nice. Not even a smidge of hypothermia for me, so that was a plus. Not having Gage made catching bluefin tough, though. We saw a few fish and a few more bird feeding frenzies but never got to hear the drag sing. As bluefin are being caught from Santa Cruz up to Fort Bragg (or further"" in both directions) it seems likely that they might be around a bit longer. Perhaps next week? Definitely with Gage.

   As noted in the comments, this is an edit. "Hello Willy,
Went out for a quick outing after work today. Working on Tomales bay has its perks. Worked three rings off my kayak for a limit in about an hour. Don't think I kept any under 6 1/2". Never had such efficient crabbing. Gave some to some coworkers and still had a mountain to take home. My dog even had a crab feast.
-Wet Willy"  When you're feeding your dog some of your crab, then, yes, you've killed 'em. Did the dog crack and pick the crab? Because if so, my dog and your dog need to have a talk. 


2 comments:

Wet Willy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tomales Outlaw said...

Thank you once again Lawsons staff for a great week. Came home with more crab than any other previous trip. And thank you Willy for the recommendation.....the Scotty pot puller is worth it's weight in gold for our crew.

Outlaw