Sunday, November 20, 2022

 




    Nick Nichols sent over a report and pictures from yesterday: "Hey Willy,

Greg, Sam and myself
went out of Westside yesterday.
Crabbed down by the towers near Point Reyes. 40-50 foot of water.
Two hoops
30 dungies.
Fished the point for 21 rockfish and 1 Lingcod.
Hope all is well and see ya soon."  All is well, thanks, Nick. Even better knowing that there's some crab on Ten Mile. Sad crabbing stories were mostly what I heard from inside the bay today, so I'm glad to hear your happy story. 
    The Bodega Bay weather buoy as a set of cameras on it that take a set of photos every hour. I was thinking, what if the camera showed some tuna, or feeding birds? Well, today, no birds feeding but there's this picture from around 1:00 PM. That's either a dolphin or a tuna. There were more bluefin caught out there today, so tuna in the photo aren't out of the question. It makes me think that if there's so many bluefin out there that they're randomly photobombing the weather buoy page then maybe I have a shot at catching one. 
    Yeah, it's probably a dolphin. 


No comments: