Thursday, March 11, 2021

      It sounds like the American Challenger may not have much fuel in it but the contractors on site are going to pump what they can of it into a truck up on the bluff. It looks to be difficult but I wish them the best of luck. It's rumored that they might even try to float it off the rocks later, if things work out. We'll see. 

   The 2021 salmon season options are out. For the San Francisco area (Point Arena to Pigeon Point) the three options are:

June 28 to October 31

July 1 to October 24

June 24 to October 3

    These dates could still shift a bit but only a bit. At least it looks like we'll get salmon prime time in July and August. Monterey area pretty much gets a regular season, opening on April 3 and running into September. It may get crowded out there in April, May and June. Please try to maintain at least six feet between your boats and you probably better double mask.

5 comments:

rokefin said...

I'm ok with these dates Willy as I agree we will still have the best months for salmon fishing - although I do love those early May deep krill fed salmon.

Just curious the dates for Monterey area as to why they would have a longer season? Am I wrong to think they wouldn't have more salmon than we would?

Onemore said...

Bummer On the short salmon season.
I didn’t do hardly any rock fishing last year I guess I’ll make up for it this year. Boo.

Harvest Time said...

I'll miss the 2 or 3 fishable days we normally get in April-May-June

Sucka-Fish said...

i wanted to try Monterey for squid and halibut this spring. Now lets add salmon to the list.

Wiley said...

Good point Harvest time