Saturday, August 13, 2022

    Randy Albracht caught his personal best halibut today, a 22 pounder. He caught it in the outer bay while trolling for salmon. Mike Sandrock caught a salmon on the same tack moments before. No fish for them before or after, but they caught the fish where nobody else was catching. This was the only salmon caught that I heard of today. There were a few halibut caught today. An acknowledged killer of halibut had one and Miller Time ended up with five on live bait, I heard. The tides made it difficult, as they and the wind were ripping most of the day.


    Gage took his buddy Alex out fishing tonight. The wind was howling and they were dodging kite surfers, but somehow before I could get my boat launched I got pictures of a halibut and a striper. And Alex. 
 I  was able to catch a couple of jacksmelt and convert them into a pair of halibut. We had to idle the boat in reverse the whole time so we wouldn't sail away in the wind. There's fish out there if you slow the boat down.

Here's Miller Time's halibut. 


No comments: