Sunday, August 28, 2022


    Apologies to Swampy. My information, as I recalled it, was bad. "Hey Willy,

Wanted to share our success from our last trip. Brian Miller and I had a good day Tuesday and while Wednesday wasn’t as good we didn’t get skunked. Big fish was 36 and the little one shown was 28. Also had a 13 and 12 that day. Another great trip and it was good to see all the good folks down there. See you in a couple weeks.

Swampy" So Swampy did well. I only meant to express that the fishing is spotty. Nice damn job, Swampy and crew.
   I found a couple of fish like Swampy's small ones tonight. It was a double and they bit live jacksmelt.
   Here's a salmon report from Wednesday: "Caught one off Tomales point. Wednesday started great at seven am with what turned out to be our one and only. Great conditions. Fish came on blue hoochie 100’ otw in 140’ of water

Hunter smith" There were a few more caught from Bird to Elephant the past few days, mostly closer to shore then Hunter's fish, as well as a better bite in the 7 by 1 to 9 by 1 area.

      Richard Baratta sent over this: "Hey Willy,
Congratulations on your tuna quest. I went earlier this week on a one day on the San Diego and was able to get two they said one was 60 pounds( I ache, )But not as much as I would have if I didn’t get anything! Richard" This is true. In this case the physical pain will pass much quicker than the mental pain would.





 

2 comments:

oldtimer said...

A "Salty Dawg" Sweat Shirt; Homer, AK. That brings back lots of AK memories.

Tomales Outlaw said...

Hey Swampy we were right across the road from you. That was an incredible fish. I didn't recognize the boat or we would have said hi. We left the Outlaw at home that week. Great fish again.

Outlaw