Monday, June 6, 2022

   As promised, here is the picture of Zach Liddell with his 16# halibut from Saturday. The Haoli Girl caught fish again! Steve Towne would love this (and/or take credit) (we do love you Steve)


Tim Peelen caught these fish yesterday. "Willy, a couple of pics from Sunday afternoon. Fished the top of the incoming tide for a pretty good perch bite, tried for stripers late, lost one landed one. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Tim Peelen"



"Hey Willy,
Glad to see and hear about your successful trip up north for P. Halibut. Good timing on the bite! What did you use for rigs? Speaking of bites, I snuck out in the bay with my brother George last Friday 6/3 and I got lucky. (My first boat ride of the year) He was lucky to do the gaffing and cleaning of my catch:)  Both fish bit my 2oz. Jig in the picture. Live bait got one take down but not hooked. Fish we're 36 & 38 inches. Always fun, but more fun when you catch something...Yes, I gave him a fish to take home:)
Cheers, 
Russ Lincoln"

Russ - Nice freaking fish for inside Tomales Bay! Really great fish for the first time out this season! Captain Tony, on the Shellback, ha us using a mix of half Godfather rigs and half spreader bars with white hoochies and a double treble hook. (my personal favorite rig) The spreader bars caught 4 of the 5 fish. But I'm betting Captain tony uses the Godfathers because they work too. Gage and I plan to use both rigs when we try for both types of halibut this year.



8 comments:

Tomales Outlaw said...

We will be out all next week. Not exactly halibut tides but damn the torpedoes for the Outlaw crew. There will be chowder, any rate. We hope you have the right jigs in stock. No skunks tolerated.

Outlaw

Willy said...

We do have a few Chris Brown tube jigs in stock. No guarantees but I gaffed a few fish with those jigs in their mouths.

Tomales Outlaw said...

Good enuff for the likes of us.

Outlaw

Swampy said...

Will be down there for a few days also. Hope to see you down the Outlaw.

Tomales Outlaw said...

Just look for the boat Swampy.

Outlaw

Swampy said...

Any luck this evening?

Willy said...

So you were watching the camera. I need to unplug that thing when I go. No, no bites, but I did pull out before the tide got too high, so minor win.

Ron Sayed said...

Willy and Gage,
First and foremost, please get healthy. Thank you for your great writings. I enjoy reading them daily as you know. It keeps my fishing hopes alive from Nv.
Sending a blessed day wish to you and your fam.
Tahoe Padre