Saturday, November 13, 2021

    I'm not sure of these folks' names but I believe that they're part of the Carl Rhodes group here. It sounded like the first couple of days of crabbing they caught a few, but by today they were limiting on crab and rockfish and they even caught one of Gage's fish. Gage says it wasn't big as his big one but it looks bigger than the one I caught. Not everybody did as well, but it mostly wasn't sadness today. Even the beach-bound snare-chuckers caught pretty decent crab today. I even heard of a young man with four commercial-sized crab from the surf side of the beach today. The beach fishing is kinda meh right now. But the crabbing from shore isn't bad. 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Going out tomorrow. Thinking of heading down to ten mile instead of outer bay to drop the rings. Any recent reports?

Willy Vogler said...

I haven't heard since the weekend but I would go if the weather is right. Run your gear after dropping to confirm crab. If no crab in 15 minutes your spot is a bust. Keep moving until the suck fades.