Thursday, October 21, 2021

     Well, I wanted to go fishing today but good sense and a strong desire to live kept me on the beach. Even Gage didn't go fishing (although he did go to the Outdoor Pro Shop which is like methadone for fishing junkies when they can't score). The bar was breaking off and on and the South wind varied from bad to worse. I did get some red buoys in the shop this week and I got my gear rigged today. I almost forgot to change my cottons in my haste to rig up the red buoy. Don't forget that one. I can recall with high-definition clarity the vision of the top of my crab pot popping open and Dungeness raining out a few years back. The water was super clear that day so that I could appreciate my stupidity and sloth. Good times. Don't be me. Change your cottons or crab in murkier water. 

   I did receive one report yesterday, no photo, but, "there was a fish caught mooching yesterday in front of bird 60’ water. Hunter Smith 20 lbs". So there's still a salmon or two out there if you can get to them. Heck, there may even be a bluefin at Cordell (they're still catching them out of Santa Cruz, HMB and Monterey). We just need a chance to get there. Swells up to 20 feet and winds to 45 knots early next week may make it difficult. At least this rain may help the salmon. 

1 comment:

Tomales Outlaw said...

Lost a cotton last year. Murky or not it hurts.

Outlaw