Wednesday, October 2, 2019

     These gents landed a mixed bag on Sunday:"3 limits on cod, 1 ling 1 salmon" I believe that the salmon came from in front of Bird Rock. There have been a few salmon caught there as well as at McClure's and Abbott's. By a few I mean very few, but any salmon this time of year is pretty good. 

    Eddie Kim caught this one yesterday:"Lost one at the boat then trolled for 6 hours before getting my last salmon of the year! " I hear that in October the salmon taste like pumpkin spice. I haven't heard of any halibut caught the last few days but there's still a couple of salmon swimming by out there (although BEWARE! There are some salmon inside that bay. Silvers. You don't want them.). The water should warm up a bit this week and let the anchovies school up and move back in. If the forecast comes true we should see better salmon numbers this weekend and maybe an albacore run Monday or Tuesday. No domoic acid test results yet.

No comments: