Saturday, October 5, 2019

    A couple of days of grinding finally paid off for Helmuth Himmrich today. When you're having a good day to get one bite, Helmuth had two bites, one of which stuck. The salmon was in the one school of bait that he saw all day in 55 feet of water at Elephant.

    The halibut bite isn't red hot but there's a few being caught. Michael Del Gallego landed two at the turn of the low tide near the yellow weather buoy. I heard of a few others from the same general area. There's a weather window for albacore and it sounds like there's quite a few boats making the run out of Bodega Bay tomorrow. The weather doesn't look quite as good for Monday, so that's when I head out (I hope). Good luck to all that run and better luck to the guys that share numbers.

6 comments:

Harvest Time said...

That's about the worst picture of a halibut I've ever seen, except maybe some that I have taken.

Willy Vogler said...

Only picture I got, so it's the best for this report

One more said...

Did anyone make the run offshore?
I'm planing a trip out Friday or Saturday if the warm water is still around. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Harvest Time said...

I fished rock today but talked to a guy that caught five, 50 miles out.

One more said...

Thanks for the info.
I see the Reel Magic got some yesterday in 8,000' of water and are out there today. Hopefully Willy and gang get in them and will have a report tomorrow.

One more said...

Well it looks like the wind destroyed the tuna ground's, their a tough one. congrats to willy for getting on them two years in a row!
Hopefully a couple crab trips then the boats back in the shop for the winter for me.
You guys have a safe crab season and see ya on the water next year.