Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Some halibut action on the bar and back by Hog Island today. Not great action, but a few fish were taken in both spots. One boat caught three halibut on the bar while others watched in awe (or anger?) as an actual local legend demonstrated why he's a local legend (Not you, Gerard. I'm talking about Roberto.). Two halibut were speared on the bar,with Larry Nies' fish weighing in at 22 pounds. No salmon landed by anyone from here but there's fish coming over the rails for the guys that are heading out to 300' of water. A gentleman from further in the bay limited on salmon off of Bodega Head yesterday with his largest running over 30 pounds. Seems like there might be a salmon for a salmon derby after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should get my oars together so I can get out there sense my motor is still in the box. It might look like a medieval Viking ship but maybe it will get up to troll speed lol jk