Thursday, July 21, 2016

     The weather forecast was bad and the North breeze was already blowing at sunrise, but those that ignored the weatherman went out and caught salmon today, and did it fairly comfortably. The bite was from Bird Rock to Elephant Rock in 180 to 220 feet of water, and from 40 to 70 feet down, according to what I heard here. Everything I heard of was trolling as well, but Mike Torres and crew, pictured, are pretty dedicated moochers and they almost limited. I don't know if they mooched or not, but it would be cooler if they did. The forecast for the weekend is for more wind, but who knows? The weatherman sure missed it today and I stayed in the bay playing with halibut and leopard sharks because of it. Yes, I'm whining.

1 comment:

Tomales Outlaw said...

You were out on the water. End of story. No more whining.

Outlaw